Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Week 14: Poco a poco

Hola!!


This week was really crazy, a lot changed! First of all, normally new missionaries have the same trainer for their first 12 weeks in the field, but after only 4 weeks we had cambios (transfers) and my trainer companion and my area changed!!


My new companion`s name is Hermana Vicente, she is from Guatemala, and our area is in the middle of nowhere- in the whole mission there are three main regions- the south, the city, and the west. Santa Lucia, where I was, was part of the city region and now I`m in the South and it is HOT. Just so you can picture a little bit of my life here, we live in a little house like the rest of people here just steps away from the next house, and everyone here owns either pigs, chickens, horses, dogs, or all the above. Little kids run around the dirt roads partially clothed, and the other day I showered for the first time using buckets of water from something called a pila- a cement tub outside that is used for washing dishes, clothing, etc. Quite the life here!!


This week I have been thinking about something Elder Bernal wrote in his last email- we are only as happy as we are grateful. The past month adjusting to a new area, and now again has not been easy, but I am just barely starting to see more clearly that although it is difficult to see my progress at times, I have already learned so much. I am working on seeing every difficulty as an invitation to learn, because really everything that happens has an inspired purpose- to prepare us for what is to come. Though at times my antisocial self gets exhausted after only 3 hours of getting to know and spending time with people I can´t yet fully understand, I know that "poco a poco" (little by little) like my companion always says, spanish will come more naturally, I will love the people more easily, and I will be able to share the message of the Restored gospel with more clarity and power.

Love you all!!
Hermana Bernal

No comments:

Post a Comment