Sunday, December 6, 2015

Week 12: "I am astounded by the sacrifices people make"



Hola Hola!!

Reporting to you from Tegucigalpa! For our P-day (every week we have one day to spend our time as we wish exploring the city, getting groceries, running errands, etc to prepare for the week) today the missionaries in our zone, about 15 of us, got together to play baseball and it was really fun to have some free time to just be outside! Please enjoy the pictures attached of the group, taking note of my crazy companion from the DR, she´s the bomb.

Earlier this week we visited a sister in our ward named Olga, who has three children of her own and 4 of their cousins to look after all living in this little house wayy up in the mountains. My companion and I as well as two other sisters missionaries and some youth from the ward came to join the party. It was quite the trek to get to her house, taking us over an hour! Honestly before I arrived, I wasn´t sure if I had yet met this family because in these past couple of weeks I have met and talked to a gazillion people and it´s a struggle to keep everyone straight, but when I arrived I could not believe my eyes! I recognized Olga from church the week before, and in that moment I realized how much she must have had to sacrifice to arrive at church at 9amso far from her house, and she was early even! To think of the the effort put in to round up, suit up, and feed her 7 kids, walk over an hour to church and back every Sunday made me feel so ashamed of all the days that I showed up late to church living just across the street on Mercer Island... Every day I am more and more astounded by the sacrifices people make here for things that I take for granted so easily at home. Every day I am more grateful for the family that I have, resources I have available to me, and most of all the knowledge I have of a loving Heavenly Father who offered his own son to pay the price so that by our obedience all of us may live with our families for eternity. I love you all and am thinking of you at the start of the Christmas season!!



AND HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE NURSE AND HUMAN BEING, ADRIANNA BERNAL!! LOVE YOU ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE YOUR COOKIES 


Hermana Bernal



No comments:

Post a Comment