Friday, November 25, 2016

Week 57: "I'm going to be a mission nurse!"

I missed a week on October..probably because I was so exciting that Izzy was going to be a mission nurse. Here is Hermana Bernal's e-mail. -Adrianna

The past couple of weeks have been a wild ride. A couple special moments that have been very special to me these past couple of dayzzz...

We were teaching the parents of a little girl who was baptized, the Mom`s name is Alma, and up until receiving us had not had any experience with any church or anything. We left the pamphlet for them to read about the Restoration of the gospel, but we just left the first page as her little homework for the next visit. When we came back, we asked her what she thought, and she responded saying, "My favorite part is when it says... then skimming the page again she read "God is our loving Heavenly Father, He knows each one of us individually". It was as if she was reading a new scientific discovery, something she didn`t understand before and then all of a sudden it just clicked. It made me remember the small moments when I have felt that way, when I have just known for sure that God knows me personally and cares about who I am. Something so simple and something I often take for granted, it was a treat seeing somebody discover it for the first time.

In another occasion we taught this OLD OLD man named Asuncion, he is 80 years old, and we thought it would be a good idea to introduce him to another old man who is a member so that they can be cute old friends. It was another cool experience to hear Raul`s (the member of the church) testimony and wisdom from his 88 years of living. One thing that stuck with me from what he said was that the two most important things in life are to 1. Repent from ALL the bad that we do, no matter how big or small the mistakes are, if we change our ways we can become completely clean, and ultimately free. 2. We must ALWAYS forgive, even when other people have just been the worst to us, even when we have done nothing, when we forgive and PRAY for the people who have offended us, those feelings of anger and frustration are converted into peace. Cool huh? It sounded cooler coming from an 88 year old man, sorry guys.

This week was a really hard week. We talked to a lot of people, we visited a lot of members, we contacted a lot of references, and.... nothing was to be found. Even a member that we thought was super on it with going out on visits with us hadn`t been to church in three weeks. In Sacrament meeting I just felt super super low. But as the tray of bread passed by me, I looked up and saw that the young man that had passed it to me was an inactive that we had been visiting, and in that moment I just was hit with the feeling that even though I hadn`t felt like my energy was helping anyone, it helped someone. At least one joven.


Today we received cambios, and even though I have only had 6 weeks here, I have changes! I am going to be companions with the Mission doctor, so I will be a missionary nurse. I`m excited to learn a lot, I`m hoping my one year of nutrition will do some good. WOOHOO ALL OF THE MISSION TEGUCIGALPA IS GOING ON A DIET!


Have a great week! 
 
Hermana Bernal

No comments:

Post a Comment