Sunday, November 20, 2016

Week 56: Back to Tegucigalpa!

Hi family!

I don´t have too much time to write today but just a couple of details to get you caught up on what´s been going on with me the past couple of weeks:

-I am now actually in Tegucigalpa Honduras, our schedule of going back to our house has changed to be more safe, we usually have a member to walk us home. 

-Going from Southern Honduras where it is hot and sun all day, to the city where it is cold and more like Seattle weather, has caused my feet to shrink a full shoe size! I was confused before in the south when I thought my feet had grown, but they were just swollen, ha. Now we´re all back to my normal size 3 in kids no worries people!

-As the mission nurses I realize how lucky I am to have not gotten sick once in my whole mission. Sicknesses like Zika, Dengue, and Chikingua are all really common because of the mosquitos and bacteria or parasites are common when sometimes missionaries are too nice to reject water that isn´t purified. We help with the distribution of medication and guide them what to do with some symptoms. 
 
-In the South the cold shower water was actually really refreshing, but now we heat up our water just boiling it on the stove, most missionaries just handle the cold but its worth it for us to have hot pot water :)


Here are also some pictures from these weeks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment