Sunday, June 5, 2016

Week 38: Choose Your Own Adventure

Hello Beloved Family and Friends!

Wow so happy to be emailing you all right now! These past couple of weeks have been really great, incredibly humbling. I`m realizing that the mission is teaching me above all humility and patience! Anyways right now I`m in a really awesome area, where kids roam on the backs of horses, dog`s leashes are chains, their bath is a river, and their washing machine room is a well! Kinda crazy how the barrier between ¨inside the house¨ and ¨¨outside the house¨ doesn`t exist for some people. But, I am incredibly blessed to have my very own bucket don`t you worry!

Ok. This week was fun because my companion and I got to know a couple new areas, getting to know new people that we had contacted and meeting the members of the ward because my companion is fairly new to the ward as well. I was thinking about how our life here on Earth is kind of like the ¨Choose your own adventure¨ books, we have a variety of options that we can choose that will lead us to different paths, some that are good, bad, better, and best. In Honduras there are so many people here without a clue to where they've come from, the paths that they choose are based on what they hope will make them happy, when the only way to true happiness is by living a life according to the path that God has already prepared for us.

The people we are teaching remind me daily how blessed I am to understand this plan and to be able to share it with every human I meet. Because we are all children of God, all equal to him and all precious in his sight. As said by a prophet from the Americas,

  ¨For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come untohim, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.¨¨ (2 Nephi 26:33)

Hermana Bernal

No comments:

Post a Comment