Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week 10: "Thrive in ambiguity"



From Izzy,

Hello friends and family!!! Every week I am so bummed that I don´t have more time to share with you more of my experiences here!! But I am now officially in Tegucigalpa! I arrived this Wednesday and it has been a really great week. My trainer (my first companion for 12 weeks) Hermana Nunez is pretty much the greatest human! She is from Dominican Republic, and is an incredible missionary. Not only is she a really fun person, but she has challenged me to abrir mi boca and talk to everyone that we pass by! Right now we are in an area named Santa Lucia, it is so amazingly beautiful here and I am starting to live and love the culture. I am so thankful to be in Santa Lucia for my first area because it isn't too hot! Ok but really this whole week was great, I have a lot of trouble remembering people´s names and I have no clue of my way around, but I´m hoping it will come. I´m exhausted by the end of every day after trying to be engaged in conversations of a new language, all is well and I am trying to be patient. Life is good! One thing that I am trying to work on is the wise advice from one of my friends from the MTC to "thrive in ambiguity." There is so much new to absorb everyday, and I am trying to decide ahead of time that no matter what challenges come by, no matter how shocking certain aspects of life here are, and no matter how discouraged I may feel at times, one day I am going to look back at this year and a half and wish that I could do it all over again. I have 18 months to be a full time servant of the Lord and all of eternity to ponder if I gave it all I could. It reminds me of how much of a speck our Earth life is, in comparison to what is come to come... When it is all over will will be at peace with the work we have done, in whom we´ve trusted, in the person we have become?

Love you all!
Hermana Bernal














No comments:

Post a Comment