Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 6: 6 days until Honduras!

Hi Everyone,

Reporting to you from the Guatemala MTC, only 6 dys remaining till I'm shipped out to Tegucigalpa. This week I learned a ton. My companion and i have been working really hard on our spanish, and especially working on how to be better teachers by being better listeners. In the MTC we are constantly reminded that to be an effective missionary, we must always be in tune with the genuine needs of the people we teach. Because really, who wants to listen to someone spit out information about God if they don't see how it directly applies to their life, when that is maybe the most important point to get across!

This week my companion and I got the opportunity to serve as Hermana leaders! It has been really fun to use this job to get to know all of the newbies better, I am so inspired by the girls here and their desires to serve God! One thing hilarious that happened though is that our fire alarm went off during the day one day, and then again the middle of the night that night, and NONE of the girls on our floor got up!!! The next day everyone talked about how we were literally all awake but just layed in bed to wait it out to hear if it was real or not. Sooooo good thing it was a false alarm!!

Sorry I have no time!!! Love you all!!
Hermana Bernal

No comments:

Post a Comment