Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 2: Are you fired up!?



Hi everyone,


This week flu by! Because I got the flu last Friday, ha. To be honest I´m still not back to 100%, pero esta bien. I bet my body could use some extra antibodies for when I get out into Tegucigalpa anyway. 

Every week we have one or two devotionals (speeches) given by the Mission President of the MTC and his wife. President Cox is the most enthusiastic man I´ve ever met. You can just tell he lives every second of his life to the fullest. Anyways his devotionals pump us up like no other to work hard and be the best missionaries we can be. At our most recent one, he told us how when his kids were in school, he would make them stare at themselves in the mirror and yell ¨I´M FIRED UP!¨ and then proceeded to invite shy-looking kids up in front and yell it at everyone and it was hilarious. So now Ï´ve been yelling at all our roommates when we wake up at 6:30, ¨YOU FIRED UP OR WHAT???¨

The other day it was really funny because me and the three other sisters in my district (150 missionaries here are split up in districts of about 16 missionaries who we share a schedule with) got back from a class break and we were singing the song ¨Ä Child´s Prayer¨ with the two overlapping verses, and as the elders filed in the class they joined in and it was like a movie it sounded so good! And then we got all excited and wanted to practice it more so we could do it for the rest of the MTC at a meeting or something, but after that one time we realized that when they actually tried to sing for real they all turned tone deaf so we´re not doing that anymore...

Overall, this week has been pretty amazing to see how my health has responded to the power of the peaceful spirit that I feel when I am practicing teaching a lesson with my companion, or listening to someone bear their testimony. I´m not saying it has been like a light switch difference or anything sudden, but when I focus on the message of the many tools Heavenly Father has given us to prepare for our futures in this life and the next, I forget about all of the aches and discomforts that have lingered a few days from the flu.


I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!

Hermana Bernal

No comments:

Post a Comment