Saturday, October 10, 2015

Guatemala MTC



Hello everybody!!

So happy to be writing to you all right now!!! I'm sorry if this is email is super scatter brained!! Ok so right now, I am currently in the Guatemala MTC (Missionary Training Center) which is where missionaries who are going to any of the Central American missions go! Missionaries come here from between 2-8 weeks to study the language, and to adjust to missionary life! You guys I'm in heaven this place is awesome. Everyday we go to classes with our districts (groups of like 10), learning how to teach the gospel in Spanish! One of my favorite parts about this place is that many of the teachers are converts to the church. It is so special to be taught by people who care so much about what we are doing, because it is so personal to them. They are all latinos, and they are just such fun, great people!! Also, so far I've been feeling very prepared as far as spanish goes, but every time I get confident I usually try to remind myself how rough my week in Mexico was so that I don't get lazy in my studiez haha. There are about 150 missionaries altogether here, and probably 100 are latinos! Mi compaƱera is Hermana Gundersen and she is so so sweet! She lived in my dorm building at BYU and I never met her till here!! Crazy huh??

The food here is delicious (I figure that's the next thing you all want to know) and GUESS WHAT GUYS PAPAYA IS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD. In the US I always thought papaya was really gross but it's delicious here!! For every meal we get to delicious latin food I can't start getting into more detail or else I will never stop so sorry

Last Saturday and Sunday I felt especially close to home watching General Conference! For anyone who is wondering what that is, General Conference is when we get to hear the leaders of our church speak to the world (literally) through live broadcasts two times a year. I thought about all you at home watching it on the couch with your little notebooks and remembered when Dad used to give me a dollar for every page of notes from Conference that I wrote... haha. I especially loved the talk from Neil F Marriot. She spoke about how as we recognize difficult situations in our lives as opportunities for learning, we can be sure that bad things that happen will always work together with the good things, for our benefit. It made me think about the scripture, ¨¨for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth all to come unto him and partake of his goodness;¨(2 nephi 26:33) Everday we have the choice to partake of goodness in whatever form...

Love you all and I am thinking about you!!

PS sorry this turned out to be a novel pictures coming next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment